View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 03:07 PM
LeineLodge
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: DAL FO

Originally Posted by LeineLodge View Post
I'm going off of memory, but I believe you have two choices when coming off of OE. You can notify the company that you wish to have a "blank" regular line, in which case you accept resonsibility for WSing trips to get your credit up to where you want/need it. You can also be on reserve for the remainder of the month, and receive credit that way. I don't want to quote the wrong thing until I can look up WHAT you get paid.

I'll try to look it up while someone else chimes in with better info.
PWA 4.A.4
e. “Blank regular line” means a regular line that is constructed without rotations. There is NO line guarantee with a Blank regular line. You only get paid what you pick up + training, which = pro-rated ALV for the # of days prior to completing training + the value of your OE trip. This is all MY interpretation of what the contract says. You may want to call the scheduling guys at 1800-USA-ALPA for the "real" answer.
f. “Specially created reserve line” means a reserve line that was not awarded/assigned in
the initial line awards.

There are a ton of examples in Section 11 that may better address your situation.