View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 10:56 AM
FlyPurdue
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009
Position: 787

I am a recent (December 2010) graduate of Purdue Univeristys flight school - After graduation i had no less 3 non flying job offers. I ended up turning them all down as I had a full time CFI gig lined up that is getting me to the airlines. While at uni, i made sure to diversify my background by being involved with many organizations to help me get those 3 offers. So don't just shun the 'aviation degree'. I learned a ton about aviation, had profs that cared, and made life time friends. Purdue gives you experices that no one else in the world can offer, a Phenom 100 PIC type rating with time in type as PIC, 727 level C simulations that really teach you how to manage aircraft systems, energy, and most important, crew.

Now once I have a few years as a line pilot - I'm going to get my MBA, while at uni I made sure to get all the pre recs out of the way so i can attend business school, with my goal to eventually be a mgmt pilot specializing in marketing. Purdue really helped me get to this point and I would def check it out!

Good luck!