View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 01:07 PM
EllisCoastal
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2008
Position: Right Side

Originally Posted by AIRLIFTR View Post
Gas,

This is neither true, nor appropriate. There have been entire groups that have been hired and some that have not. They will take who they want, if you get an interview the job is yours to lose.

Good luck everyone.

-Liftr
That seems spot on man. Out of the 12 or so guys that interviewed on my day, I know 8 have been hired and have either passed training or are currently in training. If memory serves me right, only two were ex military. Who knows if more are currently on the "preferential hiring list" waiting for a class. From the moment you get to the interview they put you at ease and let you know that they wouldn't have asked you to come if they did not want to hire you, and I truly believe that. They don't want to waste your time or their time. It sounds like the guy who made the previous post is a little bitter that possibly he wasn't hired?

It has been said in the past that they prefer Military time, which is perfectly fine. I don't think this means they have a quota they need to hire. Remember, everything throughout the process is scored from the moment you send in your resume. I can see that a guy with military time might get a little higher score on his resume, but I don't see at the end of the day they say, ok 50% of the successful applicants must be military. Just my two cents...

If you get called for an interview, don't worry about numbers and size yourself up against everyone else. Know that you are lucky to have been called and they see something in you that they would like to know more about before they offer you the job. Be yourself because more than anything they are looking to see not only if you are right for Atlas, but if Atlas is right for you. Best of luck to all!