View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 02:31 PM
mooney
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: CL-65 captain

Originally Posted by Colnago View Post
I just find it sad that most pilots posting on this thread feel the need to justify their selfishness. Deep inside, they know it would be unfair to throw the furloughs under the bus, but they don't really care because it's all for selfish desires. I could respect someone who actually manned up and had the balls to admit it. It just sounds to me like most here are putting up extremely childish arguments as a cover-up.

In reality, that's how life is. Everyone looks out for themselves and you truly can't blame humans for feeling this way. You can, though, blame them for acting and handling the situation like little boys. It is extremely pathetic that adults can act the way some of you do and it is very discomforting to know we'll be sharing the same cockpit one day.
I don't have a dog in this furlough fight, but couldn't it be seen the other way around too? That a furlough who wants greater/legit/what he is entitled to seniority also be accused of being selfish and only out for #1 at the expense of guys currently employed? No matter what side you are on you could be accused of being selfish by another group....and this goes not only for the furloughs but the SLI as a whole.