View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 04:33 PM
Kellwolf
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2010
Position: A320 FO

Originally Posted by Colnago View Post
I just find it sad that most pilots posting on this thread feel the need to justify their selfishness. Deep inside, they know it would be unfair to throw the furloughs under the bus, but they don't really care because it's all for selfish desires. I could respect someone who actually manned up and had the balls to admit it. It just sounds to me like most here are putting up extremely childish arguments as a cover-up.

In reality, that's how life is. Everyone looks out for themselves and you truly can't blame humans for feeling this way. You can, though, blame them for acting and handling the situation like little boys. It is extremely pathetic that adults can act the way some of you do and it is very discomforting to know we'll be sharing the same cockpit one day.

I don't think it's selfish to point out that vast amounts of historical SLIs are against the furloughed guys being integrated as they have in the past. I wouldn't say I'm selfish or "out for number one" since those guys (unless they're super senior volunteers) are about 2 years behind me anyway. If someone 2 years junior to me jumps me in the SLI, I've got bigger problems with the list than how the furloughs were handled.

Originally Posted by higney85
I love how everyone gets to play laptop arbitrator.
Sounds like a new, addictive Facebook game.