Old 02-18-2011, 04:18 PM
Rnav
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Default Contract / Air Mekong / Foreign Experience

Since it appears the other Air Mekong threads have become sort of a ****ing match I want to pose a serious question to those working there and abroad on contracts. (And since they are posting hiring mins on their website off the street that's why I mention Air Mekong specifically as a quick way to get foreign experience).

With the apparent upswing in hiring at the majors coming up the next couple of years I've been thinking that working a contract job to get experience isn't such a bad idea. Get the experience and move on to a major(AA/DELTA/United) or cargo(FEDEX/UPS) when your qualified.

Questions:
1.) Does anyone know if the big boys look more favorable on the international experience I could gain flying an RJ vs. flying locally?

2.) If there is a 13 month contract and I'm offered a job(lets assume with one of the big companies mentioned above) if I leave EARLY will it hurt my future prospect that I left early for a better paying/dream job?

3.) If I got violated in another country while flying on a contract would that hurt my chances of getting the dream job? I only mention this since there was some talk about the possibility the locals in some countries could screw you over for some stupid reason and there would be no recourse?

Thanks in advance for any replies, RNAV.