Old 02-19-2011, 02:17 AM
Typhoonpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2005
Position: tri current

Originally Posted by Rnav View Post
Questions:
1.) Does anyone know if the big boys look more favorable on the international experience I could gain flying an RJ vs. flying locally?

UPS has specifically looked for international experience in the past. With the others it could help set you apart from the crowd. As mentioned Fedex has a 5 year requirement to be resident in the USA. If you are resident outside of the USA you can not go to work for Fedex. Commuting would be the only to remain resident in the USA. From their website:
•Ability to obtain clearance from United States Postal Service for handling or access to U.S. mail, which includes FBI fingerprint check, and candidate must have resided in the United States for the last five consecutive years (except for U.S. military assignments)

2.) If there is a 13 month contract and I'm offered a job(lets assume with one of the big companies mentioned above) if I leave EARLY will it hurt my future prospect that I left early for a better paying/dream job?

Maybe, maybe not. If you leave for a career airline ( is there such a thing anymore? ) then it shouldn't be a big deal, just give reasonable notice. Remember that 3 months is the norm in most countries. The two week notice culture is only specific to the USA.

3.) If I got violated in another country while flying on a contract would that hurt my chances of getting the dream job? I only mention this since there was some talk about the possibility the locals in some countries could screw you over for some stupid reason and there would be no recourse?

If you're violated using a license in a foreign country the FAA will never know about it unless you tell them. That said, the rest of the world isn't as stupid as the FAA in this regards. I don't even remotely worry about violations when flying internationally. One exception being Australia.

Thanks in advance for any replies, RNAV.

Hope that helps,

Typhoonpilot