View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 07:22 AM
TheReelDeel33
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008

I am in an extremely similiar situation as you

I did the shop class and enjoyed it, I also worked at a garage my senior year of high/first 2 years of college. Now that a pilot job is becoming less and less appealing, I've thought about going the A&P route. That way I wouldn't feel like my pilot training would go completely down the drain since I'd still be in the aviation industry

The one thing that makes us different is my school is a community college so its cheaper and only gives an associates degree. I'm gonna finish the instrument/commercial training and hopefully become a CFI. I want to finish because I'm way to close to the end to give up now, but I don't want a bachelors degree in aviation.

Ideally I want to transfer to a school for business admin after graduation and take classes mostly online. That way if I was a working CFI I could work when the weather is good/planes are available/students are around and do my school work online the other 6 days of the week haha or in between students/at night if I was able to stay busy.

Maybe some of my ideas will help you make decisions, or at least make you feel better knowing you definitely aren't alone