View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 10:53 AM
Irish Pilot

Originally Posted by KiloAlpha
Let me start by requesting that all flaming aimed in my direction be kept a minimum if possible. I know I was on an ego trip in another post and I apologize, however if you must air your grievances... well then that's what you have to do

Anyway, I have been thinking about the effect my low yearly accumulation of flight time will have in my future endeavors. I am flying around 15-25 hours per month in my current part 91 gig. I know this is an undesirable trait in a pilot applicant at any 121 operator (probably 135 also). I am wondering how badly this situation is going to hurt me in the future. I am doing my best to try and pick up some students but the stream of said individuals has all but dried up recently. I have actually considered working the graveyard shift for FedEx as a package handler to try and get some extra cash to spend on flight time.

I know someone will tell me to leave my current job now, but I can not do so; for both legal and financial reasons. I signed an employment contract for 2 years . As a wide eyes piston pilot, I was initially unconcerned with the contract, but now it is quite the nuisance. I am unsure what will happen if I break the agreement. Within the document it does not state any financial repercussions, but I think it somehow stipulates that I cannot work for anyone else... how is that enforceable?

Are you currently going to school as well? Any flight time is good flight time no matter how little. I certainly dont think the fact that you are not flying as much as you would like to be will hurt you too much...though some employers look for a certain amount of hours in the past 3mo...6mo....etc. If you are going to school or anything they will look past that. KingAir time is valuable...just try to make the most out of your contract...learn as much as possible. Is that your only job?