View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 03:40 PM
stbloc
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007

Originally Posted by saab2000 View Post
I wanted the title of this to read, "Have any regionals had a hard time filling classes?" but it is limited in characters.

So that's the question? I have heard rumors (you know how reliable those are.....) that some regional airlines have had a hard time filling classes. And some have had a hard time getting folks through training (that is not a rumor).

I know the flight schools have not been doing booming business for the past 3 or 4 years. I am wondering if the pool of qualified young pilots (CFIs, night freight, banner towing, etc.) is being drained pretty fast.

Many regionals are now hiring and I can't believe the pool of qualified new hires will be endless.
The CFI world is going to see a shortage soon due to the lack of Americans training. I would assume the 121 world still has plenty of resumes. My guess is late this year to early 2012 you will see the regional aggressively going after applicants. Once all the majors are hiring the regionals will be hard pressed for qualified applicants.

For the record I do believe in a big shortage unless the system changes (wages, 1500 hours, financing, ect).