View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 06:17 PM
Popeye
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: 727 Captain

Yo ABC,

Were you inversed into HKG? Or did you bid it thinking this was your big chance to fly some heavy metal and make some bigger bucks? Perhaps your circumstances didn't require more secure ground transportation provisions, or schooling for your children, or an adequate housing allowance or the move package provisions. It must have looked good to you regardless how it may have looked to the rest of the membership. I had no intention of going to HKG, but I voted no because I did not think it was good enough for any of us. Forgive me, it was apparently good enough for you.

If you are wishing for a better FDA package now, I guess the 32% of us were right. I doesn't surprise me that you might be in favor of this deal, if the 777 pilots got a little sugar they'd be voting for it also.

Full disclosure, the 727 pilots took a big hit under 4a2b. When you get your FDA enhancements, the domestic pilots will indeed get hammered again. My agenda has been and remains in favor of real contract enhancements for the majority, not for the small minority that made their own bed but is now afraid to sleep in it.

We have opposing views on the subject, clearly. But not because I am out to get some random demographic. If that isn't clear enough, we will just have to agree to disagree.

Last edited by Popeye; 02-22-2011 at 06:36 PM. Reason: ipad spell checker