View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 06:01 AM
TI 3VOM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2010

The only reason I am going to court is because of my sons father's say in child care. We had an agreed upon final parenting plan that states 50/50 visitation with me as the primary parent and joint decision making on child care. He feels that our son should never go to any child care under any circumstances, and will not approve any of the preschools I have found. He has no problem letting me have full custody, with him only visitation on the weekends, if I do not work. This of course is not an option for me. Since he has been on L&I and unemployment for the last 4 years, and his parents are both retired, him and his parents want to be able to provide all child care. The issue now is we live 50 miles apart now, so I can not just drop off my son with him every morning. In order for me to have my son during the week, I would have to put him in a preschool for 6-8 hours a day. To my sons father, this is not acceptable. I have no idea what he is going to do in 2 years when our son starts kindergarten.

I do have a family law attorney, who has been very helpful. We are seeking joint visitation and joint custody, with the requirement from him that he is flexible on the days due to my schedule and his unwillingness to have a job. Also, that he has first right to provide the child care, if he can provide transportation both ways during my weeks.