Old 02-23-2011, 06:07 AM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by NoyGonnaDoIt View Post
You are absolutely right. The Examiner need a refresher course on 61.51 - sole manipulator of the controls by a pilot who is rated for the aircraft is 100% of the requirement for logging PIC.

Mike, it's a shame you got stuck with an Examiner who doesn't know (or perhaps just didn't like) the rules that have been crystal clear for more than 30 years.

No, walkofshame, there's no difference between cross country time and any other time in this situation. The only restriction on cross country time is that the pilot who logs cross country time must be the pilot who did both the takeoff and the touchdown. The instrument student who flies an IFR cross country with his instructor may log PIC and actual, cross country, night if those conditions apply to the flight.

This isn't grey. There are people who understand and people who don't. But "I personally don't understand or like it" is not the definition of a "grey area."
Noy -

So I could have / should have logged PIC for my training flight detailed in the above post above too? As stated, I only logged dual received. Not that I am changing anything now - but for my own clarification.

USMCFLYR