View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 03:39 PM
gcsass
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007

Originally Posted by ptarmigan View Post

My problem with this whole argument is that many here seem to think that the company must have this FDA deal to operate.
P9,

I don't think most people believe that the company MUST have the FDA LOA to operate. I think most people believe that the company really wants the FDA LOA. The Company has said that domestic growth is flat and that international is where it is at. They came to us about the original FDA, they ran and subsequently cancelled one (or was it two??) bids for CDG. If they really want to grow internationally does it make sense to do it via SIBA? More planes, more people, more destinations and very limited productivity due to the nature of SIBA.

I am fully in favor of giving them the tools they need to grow the company. I want to see a giant domicile in CGN or CDG. I also want to see our entire crew force taken care of in this LOA/Bridge/TA. My question is how were we able to negotiate so many minor things the company wanted (extended probation, new FDA stuff, the ability to remove someone from that FDA at a certain time limit) while we couldn't get around to fixing 4A2B entry language, accepted fares, 3% raises until we have a new full contract and many more things like that. Could we not have waited another month or 2 to work those things out? And why do we get penalized if we re-open negotiations?

I personally don't think any of the things most guys want to see fixed will drive the company away from the table or cause them to balk at the FDA's. We are not asking for crazy money or anything totally unreasonable. Just clean house a little and put some lipstick on this thing. Then we can go forward and await the NPRM FTDT law and see what we need to work on next. Just my opinion, but what do I know??