View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 08:57 PM
DLax85
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Gear Monkey

Originally Posted by ptarmigan View Post
...I think the idea that the FDA is some sort of "bargaining chip" is very naive, and the posts here have just solidified my thinking on that. No basis has been presented here that it is, and the video from today just confirms that more. People here are attacking him because they don't want to hear the message.
No basis??

Why did the company even approach us for this TA/bridge/extension at all??

Because they just wanted to offer us a 3% pay raise, per diem bump and some safety programs??

To get probation extended by 2-3 months???

If it weren't for the FDA improvements --- which they need to attract FOs for the upcoming bid --- would they be offering any of this to us now?

You may legitimately want to argue the value of the FDA bargaining chip is less than what others on this board feels it's worth, but to say "...I think the idea that the FDA is some sort of 'bargaining chip' is very naive" is just plain....just plain...well --- ignorant.

You think it's worth nothing?

Let's just drop the FDA portions, keep the rest and hold the vote next week --- I'll vote "Yes" right now.

I'm a bit stunned about how far some MEC & NC reps are going to be apologists for the company's offers.