View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 06:34 PM
forgot to bid
veut gagner à la loterie

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Light Chop

Two things.

First, any ALL ATPers out there? My understanding is that the 50 hours of cross country you get is primarily ferrying Seminoles between bases and you do it with another pilot and you both log PIC with one acting as the safety pilot and the other under the hood. Never flew there, just curious if that is right.

165 Hours Multi-Engine Time

* 65 Hours Multi-Engine Instruction & Flight Checks
* 50 Hours Multi-Engine Cross-Country
* 50 Hours Multi-Engine FTD
Second, Executive Jet Management used to tell us they had the letter from the FSDO, and I know corporate pilots who did this, allowing both type rated pilots in the jet to log PIC simultaneously. We didn't do that at my operation and wasn't sure how it'd work but I don't doubt their FSDO may have signed off on it or the FAA at large. Didn't care because it wasn't an issue.

But even if we had when reporting your time to someone like Delta they're view of who was PIC was solely who was most in charge regardless of which seat the pilot sat in. Another words, if you jump in the right seat as the Chief Pilot and the SIC takes the left seat and commands the flight, in their view the Chief Pilot is most responsible and still PIC. That's a corporate HR decision and they can splice it however they wish. I think JB still doesn't count B1900D PIC as turbine PIC for their purposes.