View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 12:58 PM
Jetjok
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Retired

Originally Posted by petras52 View Post
Can't agree with you Jetjok.. since you are supposedly speaking for the great majority of ups'ers I also have to say ups is a good place to work overall..if not for the furlough I would rate it even higher.. wanted to provide the OP some balance to the typical one sided comments re ups on this site..
Petras,

First of all, I am most certainly NOT speaking for the "great majority of ups'ers", based on the fact that I work (or did) at FedEx. I did however, fly for UPS back in 1989, for a year, and keep in touch with friends who still fly for UPS. As I said in my post, I don't believe that UPS is a "good place to work." What I do believe is that UPS pays its pilots a good wage, and they have good benefits, like health insurance; retirement stuff; vacation, etc, etc. If you really feel that your company is a "good place to work", I'd suggest that you read every post in this thread, of which the vast majority have been written by your fellow UPS pilots, and again tell us that UPS is a "good place to work."

JJ