View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 09:16 PM
kingairfun
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2010

Originally Posted by wareagle07 View Post
Where'd you end up? Must be a hell of a corporate gig to beat out NJA and avoid the airlines. Good on ya for finding that one!
Not at a career place but it'll get me by, get my bills paid and allow me time to get "that corporate gig"..I'm eyeballing one very close to my hometown..Of course it's a small charter dept. with nice equipment...I plan on being very persistant and patient until something opens up.... I've def. got the time/experience on my side, just a matter of getting in.

Not sure if your from NJA, but that place is taking a turn for the worse and although still a quality job, there will be much better or equal places to work in the future.. They have a very good 401k plan/contrib. and good medical... But being an SIC for eternity vs. getting paid to fly large cabin equipment as a captain will more than make up for the lesser bennies... Plus a lighter schedule is always a plus at charter jobs...

Or just keep trying for the usual suspects..JB, SWA...but the heart isn't in going back to 121...

Either way, the current environment at NJA makes trying to put them in the rearview much more plausible and worthwhile.