View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 12:36 AM
kingairfun
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2010

Originally Posted by illinipilot View Post
Kingairfun,

I cannot imagine what it was like to be in your shoes 12 months ago. That's great to hear that you found a good place to work for. From the new junior guy, I'm sick to my stomach when I think of the way that you all were treated last year.

IP
It wasn't the getting furloughed part that was bad (like most it wasn't my first)..

It was the 9 months or so of rumors, and then the voluntary stuff. (I took 2 outta 3 and it killed us financially for the time it was offered. All the while I really thought I would make the cut.)

Then the Santulli summer, followed by 4 months of waiting for the final decision in Nov. '09.....The actual looking for employment wasn't that bad. Send out a billion resumes and hope something sticks. Actually kept me busy! Even the non-aviation resumes were time consuming....Best part was having the city police dept. turn me down because I had speeding tickets like 15 years ago..

But all in all life has been somewhat less stressful not having to deal with NJA. Of course I loved working there and wish nothing had ever changed. But seeing what is going on now, I'd much rather be where I'm at than having to still worry. (Like I'm sure a bunch of SIC's are doing still).

Good luck to everyone. For myself I'm planning my next couple years towards the goal of getting a nice charter gig back home. In the meantime enjoying the job I have now. Too bad I can't see myself making a career out of it though.