View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 09:35 AM
kingairfun
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2010

Originally Posted by UCLAbruins View Post
so much for keeping company issues "confidential", but I guess if you're not planing on coming back- the hell with it
As far as I know, the letter has not been leaked. I have not seen one sentence from it. But it is obvious it exhists. NJASAP has already stated that as fact.

Merely stating its exhistance in no way breaks any coinfidentiality. There is a 4 page thread on it on other msg. boards that grew to 4 pages in one day.

Sokol's apparent goal is to be able to outsource as much flying as possible without triggering the sell-off language recall provisions. And at the same time possibly be able to reduce staffing even further. It won't be just furloughees frustrated because there will be a whole other round of furloughs. And after that the "new" junior guys will start to be the junior captains.

DS will have his hand in NJA for a long time, and the more ways he finds to eek out profits the more in danger NJA (pilots) will be. And any new CEO/Pres. will be under the same pressure to perform up to DS's standards. It may never get any better at NJA (for pilots). Atleast the airlines have their ups and downs, NJA could be on a long downward slide (for the pilots) driven 100% by how much greater margin they can get. NJA will be profitable, but that won't help the pilot workforce at all.