View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 04:14 PM
Bucking Bar
Can't abide NAI

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Douglas Aerospace post production Flight Test & Work Around Engineering bulletin dissembler

Originally Posted by sailingfun View Post
It does not really matter what else is in the agreement. SWAPA did not really have to negotiate for anything since the companies business plan did not want or require RJ's. You don't need feed in a point to point operation. That may well change in the next 10 years as the SW operations shifts however even today it is for the most part point to point.
Southwest flows passengers across its hubs, just as we do. They flow 42% of their passengers who connect through Midway. That's a hub Bro. It ain't point 2 point. Other SWA hubs and connecting flow:

PHX - 40.3%
DEN - 35%
BWI - 39%
HOU - 35%
LAS - 34%

Interestingly, I took your premise and ran it through my little data engine. Turns out Northwest and Delta had a greater difference between O&D v/s flow passengers than Delta and SWA do. This is probably as a result of Delta and SWA having hubs in stronger O&D markets than NWA did. Passenger flows do not rationalize our scope. The common denominator in DAL & NWA scope is ALPA.

Southwest IS more efficient at pilot staffing because they are not having to flow NINE different pilot seniority lists across their domestic route network. That efficiency translates into dollars for their pilots. They are well represented by NOT outsourcing their work.

Come on Sailing, the numbers bear me out. Get on board, get Tim on board. Lets turn this thing around.

Last edited by Bucking Bar; 02-27-2011 at 04:46 PM.