View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 11:32 PM
kingairfun
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2010
Default Any secrets to help get noticed?

Furloughed NJA'er plugging away at my current job..(very fortunate!)

But I know it's not a career job, and I have a place in mind I'd like to be.. (close to home, great equipment, small 135 management type place) Pay is unknown, but has to be better than NJA SIC pay.

I do know a guy there from flight instruction days. But he doesn't make the decisions

From all you guys who make a living working strictly corporate. Are there any hints I should know to get my foot in the door? The guy I know is a pretty good acquantance, but I'm not real sure how reliable he will be to get an interview?

My plan was to write the Pres./CP a nice e-mail simply introducing myself (along with a resume) And then politely asking if it woukld be ok to send updated resumes every so often......

I have pretty healthy times (6500+TT, 4 jet types, 5000+ jet etc..) So I don't think the experience is an issue. I just want to do everything right because there may not be a second chance for smaller outfits..

Thanks!

PS.. visiting the airport or hanging around the hangar to get to know some of the guys is not an option at the moment...