Contract 2021
FDX1
Contract 2021
close
  • Joined APC
    Jan 2007
  • Position
    777 - Both
Quote: The system form as it stands is very beneficial for US based pilots. Are you sure you guys want to change that for a small raise? Do you think the company will be our friend and fix many irritants because they like us?
Your points are well taken and certainly worth considering when evaluating the TA. The two MEC No votes I think reflect similar concerns.

I just don't look at the FDA's as a giveaway to the Company. I see some real significant improvements that will help our pilots that chose that flying. I also don't view this as a giveaway by (domestic) folks or as a loss of flying. That is exactly the point, WE ARE DOING the flying, and fear mongering aside, I don't want to give the company any ammo to go look for cheaper alternatives. We all know our international growth from Asian, SA, and the EU are the key to our increase in business. That growth will ultimately have a larger impact on my career, earnings, rate of upgrade and retirement than any of the following: accepted fairs, r-day value, real time trip trading, etc. (I do agree that these are worthy to be fixed in the near future, I just don't feel these items are even on the same playing field when compared with our companies growth and competition in the international (high profit) market. I want them to have the edge and am happy I play for FedEx vs. the competitors. I want to keep it that way!

That is why they get my YES on the TA.