Old 03-02-2011, 01:11 PM
FDXLAG
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: 767 FO

Originally Posted by MD11HOG View Post
How we lost the accepted fare past practice is a story best and often answered by our folks in contract enforcement. I can't remember the all the details and paragraph quotes. It's not important how we lost, just that we did. And by voting yes we say it's all right, we don't mind, we understand. It's not all right, I do mind, and, I don't understand why it's so hard to fix. I'm not that worked up about the accepted fares issue. I'm not a commuter and the change has only cost me $40. This issue is just one of many improvements with little cost to the company and they want to be hard nosed about it. Safety is the first other issue that comes to mind. They will continue these actions until we speak up. Now is a chance to speak up.

We never grieved it, I wanted to. I provided DT with 2 screen shots one where FDX reduced my bank in direct violation of the contract and one of the pre FOX online expense report help page. It stated you could use the higher of the accepted fare or the scheduled ticket. I was told if I insisted on grieving this it would hurt our secret negotiations on accepted fares. To my shame I caved.

My lesson learned, never trust the union when they are trusting the company.