Old 03-05-2011, 05:56 AM
PW305
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2009

Originally Posted by BayBum38ft View Post
I have been in the 135 world for a few years now and all I hear is how the tips have all but disappeared. Some have suggested that the brokers ask the client if they want to add a tip to the bill which of course we never get, just 100% profit for the broker. And whats with all the freakin catering the brokers order and expect us to put some where in the plane with 8 pax 3 dogs and all their crap and 9 boxes of catering. And whats with ordering dinner entrees that require heating? Have these brokers ever seen a corporate jet or do they just sit behind their computers in their garage office in their underwear all day. Some of these clients act like children on spring break, trash the plane on a 4 hour flight, spill wine every where and rub food into the carpet and then barely say Thanks. You meet so few nice people you actually remember them.
If the PAX only knew how poorly we are paid or how tired we are.

Thoughts?
Deep breath, let it out I feel for ya. Our Lear has a microwave with probably less wattage than many lightbulbs and it's just a barrel of fun to heat up an entire dinner in about 2 sq feet of space with the pax staring at you the entire time. And we too have had some 'crazy' things going on in the back. On one recent trip our pax trashed an FBO and were actually wrestling in the lobby. I was so close to leaving them, and had to tell them to chill out or we weren't going anywhere.

Your company needs to put their foot down with the bad brokers. We try not to quote for the bad ones (many who've since disappeared) and now we're working routinely with some great brokers who deal with all the pax BS so we just get there and fly the trip.