Old 12-12-2005, 01:39 AM
SkyHigh
Self Employed.

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Corporate Pilot
Default Stock Car

Originally Posted by flyinhigh6165
People like SkyHigh crack me up. It shows me how much you really don't know. Since, I just have a degree in aviation equal to a bass fishing degree and can't do anything with it if I can't be a pilot. This forum is to post your experience and knowledge and all you do is attack other peoples post and opinions. I do not care if you are some 20yr Captain....I could easily get a job outside of being a pilot with other companies with my aviation degree. I think half of us in here if not more would just like to do something in the aviation industry if we couldnt fly as a pilot. I know the NTSB, Boeing, Aviation Insurance companies, and the airline's corporate side hire if you have an aviation degree. I know they hire you even if you do not have an aviation degree but I am thinking if they consider this equal to a bass fishing or stock car driving degree they wouldn't be hiring us. Going to aviation univ. has its pros and cons just like everything else out there.

My point about the stock car degree is that aviation is a skill and not a discipline. It does not deserve the level of study that a BS degree is intended for. Universities are businesses just like anything else and they have learned that they can sell a worthless aviation degree to kids looking to avoid having to get a real education. You are just guessing about the NTSB, boeing and the like. I am sure you will get your chance to find out for yourself someday. Aviation degrees are about worthless.

SkyHigh