Old 03-05-2011, 03:08 PM
JAV8R
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: GIII, Left Seat

Before actually having a job flying I once was a dispatcher, then a broker and I never saw the tacking on a tip to the bill. That would infuriate the client even asking. The brokers have it made. Just a phone bill and 12 bucks an hour for the guy to answer the phone and about 15 percent tacked onto the final quote from the operator and its money in the bank. No overhead what so ever. I think most of the time we don’t get tipped as pilots because the passengers think we are considered professionals i.e.: dentists, accountants and you would never tip one of those guys. I still get tips sometimes but I used to get them a lot more when I flew a navajo and it was more like a taxi service than a professional occupation. Do any of you guys split the avtrip points with the flight attendant? I’ve been against that simply because I’m a salary slave on call 24/7 and never get to turn down trips if I have something going on. They can turn trips down and have that freedom and those avtrip points are our little bonus for missing birthdays and holidays with our families.