View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 05:33 PM
alpar80
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Default Hangin up my wings

After 5 years I am out... It has been a exciting trip and I have met some great people and learned a lot about the industry. My brother in law offered me a great gig working in a job that provides steady pay, security and retirement. I am sad that I am leaving my passion behind but, it is not paying the bills. Since I began flying it has been a struggle however, lately it has gotten worse with bankruptcy and food stamps a reality. This new job will pay a lot more and give me what I need to keep my family afloat, I will even be able to pay the outrageous loan off that I financed this flying thing with. It is crazy though, like a drug, I feel like I am addicted to this flying thing and the life. It is the hardest thing to break, I know it is all mental and a false reality because no matter how good you look behind the uniform and how many exotic destinations you visit and stay, it is not reality because you really cannot enjoy yourself because there is no money to back it up. I think my family will be more strong having me home and providing them with what they need; food, shelter and clothes. It would be selfish of me to continue on the career path in the airlines never being home and living paycheck to paycheck on food stamps and no real room to advance in such a flooded market. Maybe one day I will be able to fly for fun and look back on the time that I was once an airline pilot. Fare thee well.... I will move on and not look back.