Thread: Cape Air
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 09:43 AM
FlyingChipmunk
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: DA50EX

Originally Posted by Way2Broke View Post
For those of you interested in 9K, I would say stay after it. There is a mass exodus going on. Pilots getting recalled, and hired else where. I think you can expect to see this continue indefinitely. Almost every pilot in the lower half of the seniority list I have spoken with has a few irons in the fire, and many are being surprised just how quickly they are getting call backs when they send out a resume. I think this is mostly because it is well known that Cape Air produces quality pilots!

Pilots are going to various different types of jobs, because the pilots here are from various different backgrounds and have different qualifications. We are starting to see more and more Ex CFI Captains through the pipeline. This is a good sign for pilots, because when I got hired everyone in the class was either ex 121 or ex 135 and we had all just lost our jobs.

I enjoyed my time here, and my last day is later this month. Cape Air helped propel my career further than I ever thought it would. Best of luck to those applying. I will miss my coworkers. What a great group. I am sure everyone is looking forward to having a quiet crew room upon my departure
Another company believed that a John Deere requires a type rating?