Thread: Compass updates
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Corbs
Not On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: B737 FO

I chose Compass over a recall at XJ and a current 135 job.
Let's hope it's the right move.

I will say this though - originally accepting the interview as a means to practice and get a feel for the testing process used at Delta, I was moderately surprised by the information provided. And now granted, everything is a gamble in the this industry and I am never a firm believer in anything unless I see it - but in this case, 3 things stood out to me as a real attention-getter (and hopefully y'all currently on property can affirm or deny my take on the deal)... and PS that would give me 4 days to rethink my decision - lol.

1> 12 New Airplanes. One is scheduled in May - and it is scheduled for flight in the Delta system (which says to me, that we'd see one for sure). (info provided from the CP).
2> The company was pretty clear to note the difference between Trans States Holdings and the actual airline. Now, I fully realize - owned by the same dude; however, I was informed however, that 3 certificates are in fact needed in this company's "asset book" so the likelihood of another 9E-type merger is highly unlikely. Further, the main interactions between CPZ and TSH have really been focused on the managerial / budget side. (info from HR and CP).
3> QOL has the potential to increase quickly - quickly meaning decreased reserve times as more crews are hired and potential upgrade time (resting on DLs decisions of course) as those that can flow - do so. Three new hire classes already planned for March (info from one of the current pilots).

So, as the interview process went on and I decoded some symbols, moved a line back and forth, and reassured the computer that I have no intent to harm myself, followed by some great questions and discussion with the interview panel, I became more excited about the opportunity to work there.

Let's see what March 10th has to offer! Take care!