View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 01:40 PM
higgi8f6
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: DHC-8

Originally Posted by FlyPurdue View Post
Hey All,

From the sounds of it, Piedmont is quite short staffed. I am a new hire with an April 6th class date. What do you think the junior basses will be, and how long do you think reserve will be?

Thanks!
There is no way to determine this at Piedmont. Based in ROA, I just got a line after sitting on RSV most of my career with an Oct 07 DOH. It became fairly senior. I was the last in my class to get a line. But the most recent permanent bid had the most junior guy in the company is ROA based so who knows. I was based in EWN and never held a line while everyone else in my class held a line from day one out of training because it was a senior base for FOs, left EWN and it went junior. You just never know. Chances are before you finish training, another permanent bid will come out and you can get whatever choice you want.

My recommendation is pick one of the bases and make the best out of it. Find friends outside the airline industry and don't live with airline people or a crashpad. I was able to find a second job on craigslist doing manual labor. Worked for him on a couple of my days off for extra cash and then he let me work while I was on call. He understood flying was my priority and if scheduling called, I had to leave.

Although right now you won't have many reserve days where they won't use you. In the last three months I've had only 4 days of RSV where I wasn't used. My pay credit has been pushing 90 hrs on RSV each month.

Good luck