Old 03-07-2011, 11:14 AM
DWS1
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2008

Originally Posted by UCLAbruins View Post
I don't see much (or any growth) for a loooooong while. But that's not Sokol's fault, that's Santulli's. He grew Netjets too fast and too much that the buble burst... 495 of our guys left their jobs to come here just to get furloughed, but on Santulli's defense, how was he suppose to know that a reccesion was coming?

As far as recalls (provided we don't furlogh anymore), who knows... Like I said we have a ton of older and very senior guys getting fed up with all the changes, they're gonna call it quits soon... On the flip side the younger guys we thought might leave to go fly a "big plane" like Delta, Emirates and Qatar won't be going anywhere now with Globals on the way. This Global order will keep most of the new generation here
UCLA,

I agree with most of what you post on this forum. However, I disagree that Globals will keep anyone at NJA any more than the Gulfstreams would since those are their replacements. Without some major pay increase associated with this new aircraft along with movement among the ranks giving a promise of some kind of career potential the idea of staying for the Globals (or any other a/c short of a fleet of BBJ's) doesn't seem to strike me as any more appealing than flying it's equivalent at American Eagle. There is much to come to light over the next couple of years and anyone that thinks they have the picture of what NJA will look like in 10 years is kidding themselves as only the market will dictate that reality. It's in DS's DNA of changing the plan as you go to fit the market. But to say that many will stay for the promise of flying a Global doesn't add up for me as it all comes down to career potential. And as of this moment, that does not exist as anything but a potential. Just my opinion though which has been wrong more than right.