View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 05:33 PM
ebl14
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: 73N

Originally Posted by Aldous Snow View Post
I think that 9E folks need to remember that they have 120 plus 50 seaters with contracts due in a few years, not exactly promising if we are going to play the "where would we be now game if 9e hadn't of saved us". XJ and 9L both have the future for regional flying in the form of lots of 900s, Q400s, and yes even the SAAB is still a key player. My point is that 9E did not save anybody, and are not entitled to special treatment. What has happened is they have combined the best of all three airlines in an attempt to remain competitive. Look at XJET, ASA, and SKW all tying the not, it is how the industry is now fellas. I said it before and I'll say it agian, the colgan guys had the most certain future of anybody, with growth on the saab and q400 fleets, while Mesaba looked second best with some 900s at least, but 9E has 120 RJs that we all know are on the way out...so factor that in and it looks like 9e comes out as the biggest loser for career progression.

Again, we are all equals, and deserve such. Enough of this my rj is better than your rj.
You can put your fingers in your ears and yell all day long, but as long as you keep ignoring the facts you will not venture a guess even remotely close to reality. Q400 growth was not possible without funding and ownership by pncl, which in turn led to this sli. The 200s are safe until 2017, that is fact. The saabs are old, uncomfortable equipment that delta has been very clear about. This isn't company vs company. This is about factoring expected career progression (senority) at your respective airline at the time of purchase into the equation. Let's be clear, I'm not saying "we" bought anyone for this arguments sake. I'm pointing out the FACT that the arbitrator will factor your expected career progression prior to purchase into the grand scheme.