View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 09:29 PM
ColbyS
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2011

Well guys. You have very valid points. Well one goal is to eventually own a plane. Maybe 10 years from now but it’s a goal. I totally understand that I should go more than once a week. I wouldn’t mind opening a loan but would that just be an unsecure loan for say 10 grand? Right now I have my bills calculated for $800 per month towards flying lessons.

I am paying $118/hr. for plane and $37 for instructor.
I suppose once the dual is done i can speed things up. And after I pay this one credit card off that will give me an extra lesson or two per month.

Ever since I was 17 I have been fascinated with flight. Always curious how high the planes were that flew over me and what it would be like.
I have four years left in the Army and I'm deciding if commercial would be a choice or not. I am currently 27 years old and well I have so many options and it’s nice to get some advice from those 'old timers'.

That Jeppsen kit that I bought has a lot of useful information in it... Almost too much. hahah I suppose you can say I jumped right into all of this but I guess time will only tell. Just looking for some friends, help and advice in my journey.

Thank you.