View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 11:03 AM
ColbyS
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2011

Hey twin,

Well I am a wheeled mechanic in this wonderful Army. I totally understand the muscle memory and mental memory. Even on my first lesson I spoke about that when sooner or later I will be able to feel the slightest g forces, and do my rechecks on my instruments without even thinking about it. You're right, there is a lot going on when you first start. Well I sat down and figured some bills up last night and well I have $1600 to spend. Then after that its one lesson a week until I can get to the solo part. It sucks and I wish I could do more per week. Maybe I could request a loan from the bank, but would that be a smart choice for something thats for fun. I wish I could find someone in my area that wouldn't mind spending some time with me once i get to solo.. I remember someone saying they had a great deal with a CFI and the student only had to pay for an hour of airplane time each month for the guy. Who knows, maybe I can run across someone who can help me out. But in the mean time I can only work with what I have.

Today I was supposed to have a lesson. I woke up and looked outside and the skies were overcast. I googled the airport weather and visibility was 5 miles. After getting dressed, I hoped in my car. Dialed the flight schools number and asked if i would still be flying.. They said no.. Kinda disappointing and I guess thats another factor I need to consider. Well I guess its time to play on the flight simulator a little and read some stuff in these books.
Happy Flying.