View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 10:01 AM
4A2B
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009

Originally Posted by golfandfly View Post
I'm not sure how this simplifies the process. Aren't we talking about 10 pilots here?

So we're adding 4-5 more guys to the mix (at the discretion of the MEC Chairman (NOT OUR BLOCK REPS)? And, they aren't required to maintain currency if the MEC Chairman decides it to be so?

I am aware of the pay conditions of the MEC. Talking about the fox guarding the hen house!

Do you still find it at least interesting that Section 18 got a rewrite when very little else did? I do.
if that is a retraction, kind of a weak one.

Section 18 was bargained last fall, see the NC updates, well before any talk of this short term CBA. So if you are implying they rushed out and closed the deal on 18 after the process to do a short term deal started, that does not appear to to be true.

It was low hanging fruit, almost all admin. Easy for FDX since most 18 involves US paying the bill.

If you think we have suspect or corrupt foxes, I suggest you immediately contact the FOC chair and get involved. Our MEC is as transparent as they come, if they approve a pay increase or decrease it will be made known well in advance of any actual vote.