View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 02:50 PM
Palmtree Pilot
7.27%

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: Boeing

Originally Posted by wcb1992 View Post
I have 4000+ hours of flight time at the 19 year point in the Air Force. I have been flying UAVs for the last 2 years. Does anyone know if this will be an immediate show stopper for FedEx when I submit my application, due to a lack of recency of flight experience?
Qualifications

*Commercial Pilot Certificate with Multi-engine and Instrument rating (without limitations)
*Current ATP Certificate
*Current FE Turbojet Rating or written (FEX or Basic/turbojet)
*Must pass FAA mandated drug screen
*Recency and type of experience is considered
*Meet requirements for and currently hold First Class Medical certification
*Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
*Eligibility for rapid visa issuance, issued by offices in the United States to fly to any FedEx destination.
*This position requires clearance from United States Postal Service including a FBI fingerprint check.
*Candidates for jobs involving handling or access to U.S. mail cannot be considered for employment if they have resided outside the U.S., Guam or Puerto Rico for more than (6) six months during the last (5) years prior to today's date, other than the following verifiable exceptions: active duty in the U.S. Uniformed Service; trailing spouse or dependent of someone working for the U.S. government (military or civilian); missionary; student attending school in a foreign country; Peace Corps participant; employee of a U.S. based employer/company or other extraordinary circumstances.
*Eligibility for issuance of US Security Clearance
*1500 hours total fixed-wing time as pilot-in-command (PIC) or second-in-command in multi-engine turbo-prop A/C or jet A/C or combination thereof, including a minimum of 1000 hours total fixed-wing pilot-in-command in multi-engine turbo prop A/C or jet A/C or combination thereof. Note: PIC for this purpose is defined as Captain/Aircraft Commander of record, not simply the sole manipulator of the controls. Note: FedEx considers only pilot time in fixed wing aircraft toward minimum qualifications. This does not include simulator, helicopter, flight engineer, bombardier, navigator, RIO, EWO, WSO, NFO, or Special Crew.
*All certificates and ratings required to be U.S.A. FAA issued

I don't think I've seen anything specific except this ^^ from PilotCredentials.com. There is no reason not to give it a shot anyway, right?

PtP