View Single Post
Old 12-28-2006, 05:53 AM
iflyjets4food
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2005
Position: EMB 170/175 F.O.

Originally Posted by UNDGUY View Post
Really... that sounds like a right seat pay to play program with those hours. I've got that time doubled up plus some and I haven't been able to get a call from any of the right seat 135 jobs I've applied at. I was told it's coming up on the "slow season" by one chief pilot, so maybe my timing is bad. I've just started applying in the last month or so. I know you can't pm yet but I'd like to know where this is if you don't mind posting it.
Not necessarily. I started in a right-seat gig that paid $25/duty hour with 250TT/15ME. In that scene it is all about knowing someone. I just happened to work line for a place that had a 135 operation and got to know everybody that way. After I got my multi, I had a cold seat waiting for me. Now I'm a captain at the same place that gave me my start. It is definitely the slow season though. I haven't flown in about a week and a half, and I won't fly until at least the 5th of January. For our company, business will pick up about the 3rd week of January. I make an assumption that other 135's are similar in their lull.