View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 08:45 AM
SoCalGuy
Keep Calm Chive ON

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: Boeing's Plastic Jet Button Pusher - 787

Originally Posted by APC225 View Post
And I put salary as dead last whenever possible. I want them to get the message that it is work rules first, first, and first, and then once that is achieved, we will sign once we get SWA pay rates for the 737 and go from there. My concern is that they are fishing to see if a yes vote can be bought with pay rates but no work rule changes.
Bingo......

Next to SCOPE, I was gleaming the same thing that you pointed out above. I honestly believe that as time goes on (and by way of this survey), the JNC feels some deep motivation to get something out by way of "just producing a YES vote"....IE something just enough to push a 'hair-line majority', nothing industry leading/encompassing to protect mainline flying both on the regional side & JV/Overseas flying.

The point I was attempting to make in the O.P. was that all this questions asking about Profit Sharing, Stock Options, Stock Grants, Pay Scales, yada yada yada are pointless if SCOPE is not held miles North of paramount. If they are going to 'worry' about the above mentioned items in any JCBA, then SCOPE best have ALREADY been 'locked-up' in iron-clad form.

GOOD to hear others drove home the point on SCOPE in the comments section at the end. The LAST thing we need as a combine carrier is to have 'tunnel vision' soley on the hourly-quan/profit sharing/stock options.....you kind of have to be on property with a J-O-B to collect.....thus, full circle back to the idea of SCOPE.

I know this has been beaten to death & back........Paranoid?? D*mn straight.