View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 05:29 PM
FedElta
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: Retired, again...
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Carl Spackler View Post
Well, I think we all got to see what is in our future via what just happened at FedEx. With our brand new ALPA president at the helm, a Tentative Agreement was announced by the FDX MEC after only a few months of negotiating. Took most every member by surprise. Found out that it extended the current contract either one or two more years depending on the MEC's desire. In return, the pilots got a 3% pay raise. This from a company that makes BILLIONS in net profit.

The FDX MEC then puts out a massive PR campaign via road shows to convince the pilots to vote YES. Not educate them on the facts, but to vote YES. Results: TA voted in by 68%.

This is the new ALPA.

Carl
Hey Carl,

I generally agree with your opinions, however you have become a master of understatement on this issue. A 3% pay raise was only one facet of the TA....which is hopefully a bridge to a full contract once the new flight/duty regs are known.

You do FedEx pilots a great disservice when you imply that a 3% raise was the only item gained. Fedex pilots hotly debated the merits of this TA....and the membership decided the outcome via memrat.....not via Alpa national in your thinly veiled reference.

I think you are better than this.....-1, Carl.

BG