View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 09:34 PM
jetlink
Banned

Joined APC: Aug 2010
Position: next to chronic complainers...

Originally Posted by dutch747 View Post
I failed my ASEL when on the final landing (Normal Landing Maneuver)I landed 10 ft short of the aimpoint on a 13,500 ft long runway. It was a mis-communication between me and the examiner when he said within 200ft of the aimpoint and actually meant 200ft at or beyond the aimpoint.

So why do I say this? Because I would hate to think that ASA would not even look at my app for one failed checkride. Some examiners view checkride failure as "everyone should have one" and don't think it has any impact on our careers.

Sorry for the threadjack.
My friend, I have been flying for 17 years, and I can tell you, that there are two types of pilots: those that have failed check ride, and pilots that will.
However, after going personally through, and administrating so many checkrides events, as well as line checks, I can tell you, that failed event is caused by not one, non-proficient maneuver, but by combination of events that are similar in nature. So if you overshot your landing, and you think that was contributing factor for your failed checkride, I would suggest, that you go over your entire checkride event, and find out way you have been pink "sliped". Good luck in your future aviation endeavors. ;-)