View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Carl Spackler
Back on TDY

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: 747-400 Captain

Originally Posted by acl65pilot View Post
Carl,
The point that many miss, is the issue was dealt with inside of the Association, and not at a bargaining table or in a court room with our company.
The problem with this "achievement" is that we've now lost the ability to decide as Delta pilots, what will be in our Section 1. The other problem with it is that we will still be fighting the company (and possibly the courts) for Section 1 and every other portion of our upcoming contract. The only thing this does is give us an additional opponent...ALPA.

Originally Posted by acl65pilot View Post
Ergo, we can deal with disputes internally, and that is the best course of action for our profession, and this pilot group.
You cannot always do both. Sometimes what is best for Delta pilots, may not be viewed by all as best for our profession. I don't care what others think. I want Delta pilots to decide what is in all sections of our contract. Our association with ALPA has now removed that decision by Delta pilots when it comes to Section 1.

THAT'S the point. I just cannot understand how people don't get this. Especially the junior pilots who are so vulnerable to Scope and what ALPA decides is "best for the profession."

Sad.

Carl