Thread: Mesa Updates
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 11:27 PM
DeadStick
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Originally Posted by sulkair View Post
Maybe he lives in Phoenix. Maybe he has a very successful business on the side in Phoenix. Maybe his wife makes 6 figures in Phoenix, and he wants to see his kids grow up. Maybe he's 62 years old, and wants to enjoy flying as an airline pilot for a few more years. Maybe he lives in a free country and can do whatever he wants.
Given, everyone's circumstance is different. As unpredictable as this industry is I wouldn't try to influence anyone's decision either way. We're all basically presented with the same evidence and information upon which to base our decisions. Simply put, it's disheartening to watch people postpone their careers waiting for an airline that might not be waiting for them.
Originally Posted by pdub20s
I have a few friends taking the recall convinced they will upgrade to captain in a year and then get on with a major shortly after. If you just think about the amount of captains that were down graded and the time to put them back in the left seat is more than a year by itself.
I certainly don't have a crystal ball, but considering that Mesa is scheduled to lose at least 13 more aircraft by the end of next summer, I'd say that's a pretty optimistic prediction.