Old 12-31-2006, 06:57 AM
Jetjok
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Retired

Originally Posted by kwri10s View Post
NOW!! Have your on-line records as tight as possible. When your sponsor has you pulled up by the ACP to schedule your M&G, you want then to see all your recs and be "impressed" by your complete package. (Not that kind of package). Never leave anything up to chance. Preparation is 90%. Assume everyone else around you is at least as qualified as you, and the only difference left is how well you prepare. Be anal on anything paperwork oriented. Have each person writing you a rec walk into their ACP and ask the ACP to pull your file to "make sure their rec got attached to your file". A complete file is the best you can do. This also give the ACP one more chance to see you on screen. Anytime you are being looked at you increase your odds. Paperwork/interview prep is also critical.

Just to give you an example: when/if you are asked for a flying time summary/logbook, your answer is "here you go, Sir...here is my logbook and a copy of my AF/Army/CG/Navy/AirTran computer flying summary also I have a complete copy A-forms records and my AF form 8s for all check rides." Be fastidious. Have a copy of everything, and have an extra copy to give away of everything. If someone asks for a copy of your xxxx, you have already made a copy for them. "Here you go, Sir." Not, "well let's see...oh here it is...no wait...here is my logbook...I also have a computer printout somewhere." If you allow them to think about your poor organizational skills, you have allowed a potential crack for doubt. You are selling yourself. Never give any reason for the company to question your competence in any facet.

Organization will never overcome inept flying skills or the personality of a rock, but all you are looking for is a small edge on the next guy. Make them want to bring you on before someone else snaps you up. You can never bring too much energy into the fight. Now if you "bring a knife to a gun fight" you're on your own.
Kwri10s, What company do you work for?