Old 04-04-2011, 06:17 PM
ThreeSides
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Short the Market
Default Deja vu all over again

I find these excerpts most interesting.

...membership cannot be expected to make informed decisions unless they have access to the facts - all the facts.
(Lonestar BT, TK, HT, SF, MM are you listening?)

serious judgment errors were occurring with alarming frequency

Captain Hill himself rarely spends much more than a "48" at APA headquarters, flying in on Tuesday and leaving on Thursday

viewed by important outside entities as a union of hard-line radicals, out of touch with reality and intent on pursuing a scorched-earth agenda. While some pilots may think this is a desirable tone to adopt, it has, in fact, been disastrous. With respect to such entities as the White House, the National Mediation Board and the arbitrators who have recently dealt APA several devastating defeats

Equally damaging is the fact that when the NMB considers its options, particularly in a situation where a major disruption to commerce is possible, factors such as the irresponsible militancy and the demands of a union's leadership are important considerations in their decision-making process.

one of the Hill administration's primary "strategies" for obtaining a contract was a costly plan to publicly criticize AMR by championing AA's passenger service failures. Predictably, all it accomplished was alienating some of APA's own membership. Unfortunately, the pattern of bad judgment has created an environment where cooperation between AMR and APA is nearly non-existent - even in areas of mutual benefit.

harm to the Association

In hindsight, I should have immediately come out publicly with the details of why I supported the motion of censure. At the time, we kept it largely in-house, hoping the censure would send a wake-up call
(Lonestar BT, TK, HT, SF, MM are you listening?)