View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 05:28 PM
gettinbumped
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: A320 Cap

Originally Posted by Lambourne View Post
You may want to be sure you have all the FAR's on your side prior to your press to test session. An OMC bag in the cockpit? Did they resolve the issue of space for crew bags in the cockpit on the bus? Last time I was on the fleet there was one spot behind the F/O and the other crew bag was designated in the closet. So let's say they now have two spots. Where did you put the OMC bag Captain when you delayed the flight? And you knowingly violated the FOM Captain? Better get ALPA on the speed dial and order up a snicker's bar. It's going to be awhile.

You are flying an airplane. You, me plus 6,000 other blue suited, stripped tie wearing pilots. You are not superman. Do your job, let the others do theirs and try out something you may have learned from your parents I hope: Treat others the way you want to be treated. I suspect that 99 times out of 100 if you treat the CSR's, MM, FA's nicely they will treat you nicely in return. If they don't then just accept that you met the other person like yourself that has spun themselves up on a message board.

L
Wrong. You are not up to date on the A320 bag storage. Since you don't seem to care about taking care of OMC's and their luggage, I won't bother to educate you.

I'm not sure why you are so absolutely terrified of this company that you wouldn't dream of taking a delay to make sure the OMC is taken care of. I got charged a 3 minute delay yesterday that was absolutely NOT my fault because the station was hoping to sneak it in there to hide the actual (ramp baggage loading delay) reason. I didn't bother to follow up and correct it, and later got an ACARS from somebody asking if I wanted to explain what happened. I didn't. Guess what happened? Nothing.

Nobody is talking about being Superman. We are talking about taking care of each other, both on and off-line pilots. We are talking about banding together against what to all the rest of us has been a long, continuous degradation of Captains Authority.

I'll remember you said you want to be treated the way you treat others. If the unfortunate happens and you have an incident here at UAL or elsewhere, I'll be sure to smear your name, post pictures of the jail cell or FAA long table that you are facing, and pretend that I know everything about what happened even though I wasn't there.

I am incredulous that you would come on here and post the things you have about this pilot, whether you like him or not. With fellow pilots like you, who needs management for a good screw job?