View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 07:13 AM
slumav505
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2010
Position: EMB-145 CA

Originally Posted by Mitragorz View Post
I don't NEED to fly the big jet... but it certainly does look more like a real airplane! I don't know if seniority will play a big role right now, especially with all the projected shortages that are supposed to be going on in the next few years. However, I do know of guys that missed the big '08 furlough by five numbers or less...

As far as switching planes... The way I understood it, you can only switch airframes if it results in a pay raise. And since all FOs are on the same pay scale, I'm not sure you'd be able to switch, since, technically, it wouldn't be a raise. I could be wrong, and someone currently at the company may be able to shed more light on that. I'm not quite "in the know" yet.

And yes, I did fly that Widgeon! I got my Comm. AMES in it, back when I had money to burn It's a 1946. What a blast it was to fly!

I'm from Long Island, so the LGA base is most appealing to me. Coincidentally, both offer LGA bases...

I spoke with a few Republic Captains after I interviewed (just folks I met randomly who happened to fly for them) and the first thing they've said is RUN! Run as fast as you can, Republic is growing way too fast and is a sinking ship! I spoke with a CHQ Captain, however, who thought his job was the greatest in the world... But did say to take a 170 spot if I could get it, but that was based solely on the airframe.
from a 2008 furlough...

take the earlier class date. had I done that i would have missed furlough completely or been back in 3 months, instead it was 18 before recall. Also it's the same work rules for both airplanes, life isn't that much better at S5 as a junior guy. CHQ right now is set up to have the most movement in the short term for FO's. Our guys will take the first upgrade to come there way where the 170 guys seem to try and hold out for a 170 upgrade. Also with any new contract that eventually comes to us FO seat lock is all but assured to be a thing of the past.