View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 09:30 AM
ualjd
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2009
Position: LAX320CAP

Originally Posted by Lambourne View Post
In your example of the kid stealing the candy bar. You could argue the police used excessive force for theft of a candy bar. In this situation IF the Capt. was physical with the CSR wouldn't that be excessive force for what he perceived as the CSR not doing his job correctly.

You appear to be a reasonable person. I don't draw a parallel with erosion of Captain's Authority and a Captain striking another employee physically. Being physical with another employee is not a part of Captain's Authority. IF the Captain was physical with the agent then I don't understand how you could support him.

Someone that is so emotionally unstable that he or she can't keep from being physical doesn't belong on a flight deck. Maybe some anger management classes would help. I sure wouldn't want someone like that as an FFDO either.
Seriously dude, am I married to you? You don' listen (read) very well. You keep coming back to the assault. IT ISN'T ABOUT THE ASSAULT. It is about the captain's right to put the bag where he determines and not the CSRs business. DO YOU GET THAT?? Try not to think past the initial meeting of the captain and the csr. It is not the point. It doesn't matter how he handled it. It doesn't matter who hit who and who said what. It is about the captains right to interject..to make a decision..to exert control over his aircraft.....