View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 05:52 PM
LeeFXDWG
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B737 CAPT IAH

Originally Posted by Lambourne View Post
JD,

To throw the hypothetical at you. If you were assaulted by a CSR what actions would you take? Would you walk away and say that nothing happened? Would you report this to anyone? If you received a physical assault would you engage a police officer?

The Captain is not in hot water over his use of Authority. He is hot water over a purported Physical Assault. I don't believe anywhere in the FOM or the FAR's it allows physical assault as part of Captains Authority.

Whether or not you or I can prove what happened on the jetway. It will be up to the evidence and the courts to decide is an attack occurred. I was told there is a video in the jetway. Simple logic would be that there must be some evidence of a physical altercation, otherwise I think this would have died long ago.

I had an FO that went gonzo at the TSA Checkpoint during the enhanced patdown parties last winter. Flew with him recently and said he is being fined some significant amount of $$ by the TSA for his actions at the checkpoint. They have the video of him at the checkpoint during the entire event.

Do you hit your wife and tell her it is your Captain's Authority to do so?

L
L

Your use of "hypothetical" and other insinuation insults the intelligence of the the other pilots on the board IMO.

To be honest with you, if I was assaulted at work by a CSR or joe bag of donuts on the street, the individual will be on the floor, face first, arm lock, and my knee in the back of their neck preventing any movement. I will then ask the closest person to call the police. The individual will not move until the police arrive. Not out of malice but because I would be "fearful" that I might be exposed to further assault if I allowed the individual the freedom to try.

Does that answer your "hypothetical" question?

Now, since you have a hard-(* for this case, why don't you spend the dime, go on the Denver legal sight, pay the fee, and allow us all to read (granted one sided police report and DA's position) on the case.

Or, you can sit back and wait without casting aspersions on the individuals in question.

Frats,
Lee