Old 04-09-2011, 09:34 AM
zoooropa
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2009

Originally Posted by acl65pilot View Post
My question for you F9 guys is what does this mean for you? One certificate? Transition from one Certificate to the other by bid period or bid posting? If that is the case that definition may have far reaching implications?
RAH will still maintain numerous certificates, out of necessity.

S5 remains a FFD only certificate.

CHQ flies primarily FFD, with some branded operations. As the 50 seaters are removed from FFD, they are either leased overseas or adopted by the branded flying.

RAH flies both FFD and Branded.

F9 flies only branded.

What does this decision mean for us?

We know the following;

1. FAPA is no longer going to be the certified bargaining unit.
2. The IMSL will be implemented at some point in the near future.
3. Without another transaction (merger with another carrier), all current Frontier FO's have no future at this airline. Some may upgrade and remain junior captains forever. The rest are doomed to a life in the right seat.
4. Its officially time to quit b1tching. Either man up and contribute or leave.

What we don't know....

1. How BB and Co will allow moving between certificates. Eischen's award does not speak to this as it was outside of his authority.
2. How BB and Co will negotiate with the IBT. There is a mountain of negotiating that needs to be accomplished in a short period of time.
3. What happens on the 61st day after the certification of a bargaining unit. Eischen says we need to have an agreement. What if we (they?) don't?
4. What will the IBT's new CBA look like? They are negotiating as we speak. 3000 sets of eyes are now watching.
5. Will I vomit all over myself when I attempt to put on an IBT lanyard?

Sorry about the last one, I just don't know if I should laugh or cry or just keep doing both.